knit, knit, purl, purl, knit, knit, purl, purl, knit, knit..

Monday, January 02, 2006

Stuck on this Variegated Yarn


I'm still working with the variegated yarn I used for Altuğ's LTK longies. The past couple days I just wanted some mindless knitting so I've been half-working on a hat to go with Altuğ's longies. It'll be similar to the umbilical cord cap from SnB, but I'm using a beanie pattern as a base and instead of tying off the last several stitches I'm going to continue with an i-cord to make a little point. Very gnomey. :D


This yarn is soooo purty I wish I knew what it was. I picked it up on Ebay a few months ago, and it got buried in my fabric box somehow so I didn't get anything out of it till recently. The Ebay seller said they couldn't advertise the yarn brand for some reason, and I have no clue who I got it from. All I know is it's a worsted weight space-dyed variegated wool. It's a little rough, but I'm sure it will smooth out with wear.

I also finally got some pics today of the soaker I made a few weeks ago. The yarn is Fisherman's hand-dyed by moi with Wilton's cake dye. I love the slight variations I got throughout the yarn as it knitted up. I can't wait to dye again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home