knit, knit, purl, purl, knit, knit, purl, purl, knit, knit..

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dyed Yarn


I've been wanting to do a sunset colorway for a while. So, I picked up some Fisherman's Wool...watched an episode of Soprano's whilst wrapping all 440 yards of it around a chair in 3 different parts. I dyed it with Wilton's cake dye, and baked each skein in the oven at 350 degrees. I'm marginally happy with how it turned-out. The orange skein is for accent yarn. I had some dye pooling issues because Fisherman's is SO resistant to water and it took so much dye to get it to take to the wool.

Then I watched the dyeing episode of Knitty Gritty and realized I should have soaked the wool in vinegar prior to dyeing to prevent color pooling. I have a skein of Paton's Classic Merino which I'm planning to dye with this in mind. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home