Put Up Your Keys
I was outside bringing in the groceries DS and I had just brought home. I heard a loud ZAP and a POP, something wasn't right. Mama instinct kicked into high gear and I ran inside to find DS standing on a table, a key from my keychain had been placed in a hole in the back of our electric stove (the top part of the back is exposed to the livingroom area in our tiny apartment). There was soot around the hole the key was in, in the shape of the zap which had occurred when DS put the key into the back of the stove. DS fingers were blackened with soot, but not burned. He must have been holding with his thumb and forefinger to the (lifesaving) rubberized plastic on this key. He had no reaction at all, he looked confused because I was freaking out. The key was still stuck in the back of my stove and my neighbor helped me to remove it. I turned the breaker off. I did a neuro check of DS, listened to his heart - no irregularity whatsoever. I believe someone was watching over him, we are so lucky.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep your keys out of reach. My little boy could be gone right now.
This is what happened to the key: